SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITYThat’s how TWE has won scores of awards—most recently, “Best in Class” and “Newcomer of the Year” at the 29th Annual Houston Business Roundtable and Houston Area Safety Council Safety Excellence Awards.
TWE recognizes the benefits of a corporate commitment to employee health and safety and strives to maintain a culture of safe working practices. It is our policy to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and to observe all state and federal laws and regulations. We are committed to training our employees to follow safe practices and to recognize and correct unsafe working conditions at all times. Our commitment is to have everyone go home safe to their families every day.
TWE’s comprehensive occupational health and safety program (HASP) was developed to provide the management systems and support necessary to maintain a safe working environment for all employees. Our HASP also ensures the proper training of employees to meet the goal of zero injuries and zero accidents for TWE. Our HASP is managed by safety professionals and employees and meets or exceeds applicable government requirements and regulations. As a result, TWE won “Best in Class” and “Newcomer of the Year” at the 29th Annual Houston Business Roundtable and Houston Area Safety Council 2016 Safety Excellence Awards.
SAFETY IS A PRIORITY
Appropriate controls are implemented to identify and minimize potential health and safety hazards which may affect personnel during response activities. These steps include:
- Investigating site and operational history to identify physical hazards and contaminants based on chemical use.
- Holding regular safety meetings and training sessions to inform all personnel involved of the potential hazards which may be encountered.
- Requiring employees to participate in daily toolbox meetings and perform hazard recognition control assessments to identify and mitigate site hazards.
- Implementing proper hazard controls to ensure the safety of all TWE employees and subcontractors.
- Performing daily inspections on all equipment and proper maintenance and calibration of monitoring equipment.
TWE maintains membership in numerous safety organizations and our staff receives annual safety orientation required by OSHA for construction related work. TWE also provides continuing education and safety training for all employees on a regular basis.
TWE has its own Safety Department comprised of safety professionals, a safety committee and TWE employees serving as mentors and performing peer-to-peer reviews and interviews.
Our safety committee consists of VP’s, Managers, and Technicians. They help to develop a safety culture by implementing new policies and procedures for working safely in the field.
Without our employees’ continued suggestions, improvement, and willingness to learn, grow, and participate in safety, we would not have an award winning program.