QUALIFICATIONSTWE is committed to providing an environment that fosters safe work, career growth and financial success to our employees.
Tolunay-Wong Engineers holds Professional Engineering Licenses in the following States:
HEALTH AND SAFETY/PRE-QUALIFICATION AND APPROVAL AGENCIES
TWE is a proud member and supporter of the following engineering, construction, and industry associations:
• ABC – Associated Builders & Contractors
• ACI – American Concrete Institute
• ACEC – American Council of Engineering Companies
• ACIT – Association of Chemical Industry of Texas
• AGC – Associated General Contractors of America
• APWA – American Public Works Association
• ASCE – American Society of Civil Engineers
• CAAL – Concrete & Aggregates Association of Louisiana
• LCIA – Louisiana Chemical Industry Alliance
• PDCA – Pile Driving Contractors Association
• SAME – Society of American Military Engineers
• TBPG – Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists
• TCEL – Texas Council of Engineering Laboratories
• TSPE – Texas Society of Professional Engineers
HEALTH AND SAFETY
TWE’s comprehensive occupational health and safety program was developed to provide the management systems and support necessary to maintain a safe working environment for all employees. The program also ensures the proper training of employees to meet the goals of the health and safety program. It meets or exceeds all applicable government requirements and regulations.
TWE maintains membership in numerous safety organizations, and our staff receives annual safety orientation required by OSHA for construction related work. TWE also provides continuing education and safety training for all employees on a regular basis.
TWE has been and continues to be recognized for our commitment to safety:
- “Best in Class” and “Newcomer of the Year” at the 29th Annual Houston Business Roundtable and Houston Area Safety Council 2016 Safety Excellence Awards.
- Awarded the ExxonMobil Contractor Safety Program and ZERO Injuries in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 by the ExxonMobil Beaumont Complex.
Work quality is of primary concern to TWE. The reputation of our company and its future depends on our ability to routinely perform testing and analysis in full compliance with the engineering requirements specified by our clients and all governing bodies. Accordingly, Tolunay-Wong Engineers is fully committed to providing the leadership, training, procedures, and performance to meet or exceed the quality requirements of all projects.
Our company-wide quality program is compliant with ASTM E-329, ISO IEC Guide 17025. We are also compliant with the NQA-1 quality standards developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for field exploration, laboratory testing, and engineering for nuclear facilities. In addition to our internal quality requirements, TWE’s individual testing laboratories are often validated/accredited by reputable national organizations, including the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and AMRL. The laboratory and field test procedures we employ reflect the latest approved methods cited by the appropriate organization, such as ASTM, AASHTO, State DOT and the EPA.
TWE has extensive experience providing our services to sites with varying degrees of security concerns and requirements. We work in developing countries and high-risk areas where security forces are routinely required. We also work in high-risk areas of the U.S. for clients requiring a variety of security procedures and information. We have and will always continue to meet and exceed the security requirements of our clients.
TWE field management, engineers, technicians, and administrative personnel:
- Comply with procedures contained in the TWE Drug and Alcohol Policy;
- Have background checks and valid US TWIC cards;
- Have received registration and security clearance authorization through the defense security services procedures for specific projects;
- Routinely use client required security access cards at many project sites;
- Comply with all site-specific security procedures required by our clients and government.