CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS TESTINGTolunay-Wong Engineers provides on-site monitoring and quality assurance/quality control services as well as field and laboratory testing services. Projects of all types are tested for compliance with specifications and are verified to ensure against potential material failures. TWE works closely with each project team assisting them to complete the project within scope, budget and timeframe.
TWE operates construction materials testing (CMT) laboratories capable of performing in-house or on-site testing and monitoring services. Our engineers and engineering technicians provide professional advice based on their advanced knowledge of the properties and composition of the different materials used in construction.
TWE’s CMT Division produces thousands of individual reports annually for various laboratory tests and field inspection of construction materials. Most of these involve concrete, aggregates, soils in-place, and bituminous materials. Also, we regularly test brick, granite, stone masonry, mortar, and manufactured elements, such as prestressed beams and precast panels.
Engineering consultation and inspection services are available for each phase of a project’s construction including design, materials selection, laboratory testing, specification review and construction monitoring.
TWE offers a full suite of construction materials testing
services to clients throughout the Gulf Coast and nationally:
- Construction Monitoring and Inspection
- Material Qualiﬁcation
- Roadway Materials Qualification
- Shallow Foundation Installation Monitoring
- Deep Foundation Installation Monitoring
- Fireprooﬁng Monitoring and Testing
- Treatability/Stabilization Studies
- Subgrade and Fill Monitoring and Testing
- Soil and Synthetic Liner QA
- Asphalt Monitoring and Testing
- Concrete Monitoring and Testing
- Concrete Mix Design
- Pre-Cast Concrete Monitoring
- Post-Tension Monitoring
- Reinforcing Steel Monitoring
- Mortar and Grout Monitoring and Testing
- Polymer/Epoxy Monitoring and Testing
- Controlled Low Strength Materials (CLSM)
- Masonry and Brick Monitoring and Testing